GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO (May 8, 2018) – Andavo Travel is celebrating the one year anniversary of Compass, a fee-based custom social media service that brings new capabilities to its independent contractors.
Andavo Travel’s marketing team executes social media on behalf of participating travel advisors on a personal, custom level. Rather than automated, generic posts that are the same for all participating advisors, Compass offers posts that are tailored to each advisor’s specific travel expertise. Andavo’s marketing staff meets individually with the travel advisor at an initial consultation to discuss which social media platforms would be most beneficial to that advisor’s business, and what travel niches or specialties the content should focus on.
Then, Andavo’s team takes care of setting up the social media profile on the advisor’s behalf, and executes a set number of custom posts per week (the number varies by social media platform). In addition to posting on the advisor’s own profile, Andavo engages with other users on that platform as well; i.e. liking and commenting on other peoples’ posts, following other accounts, and replying to interaction on the advisor’s account. At the end of each month, the travel advisor receives a report showing analytics on their social media for the month and the opportunity to provide feedback on the content.
The Compass program is open to all of Andavo’s travel advisors, who can opt into the program at any time, for as many social media platforms as they’d like to enroll in.
“Compass is a complete solution for travel advisors who know they should be participating in the world of social media, but don’t know how to begin, and don’t have the time or desire to figure it out,” said Mike Cameron, Andavo Travel CEO. “This is not a training program (although Andavo does offer that as well); this is for the advisors who want to turn their social media over to someone else, so they can tap into the power of social media and still focus on what they do best – planning luxurious vacations for their clients.”
Given social media platforms are continually changing their offerings, privacy/security settings, and capabilities, participating advisors also value not having to keep up with all of the changes and worry about how they will impact their social media marketing plans. Andavo stays on the forefront of all social media updates and makes any required changes or improvements automatically on their behalf.
At the one-year mark of the Compass program, Andavo surveyed its current participants to gauge their satisfaction and gain valuable feedback. Below is a sampling of key responses:
- 100% of respondents would recommend the program to a peer
- 5% are comfortable with Andavo’s Compass program managing their social accounts, while the remaining 12.5% are neutral
- 100% of Compass participants feel that the program is priced correctly
- 75% feel the content posted is tailored to their areas of expertise, addressing their target audience
What attracted them to Compass:
- 100% were attracted to the Compass program because they don’t have time for social media
- “It has filled a hole in my business plan. I wasn’t doing social media before, but knew I should be. Compass has me feeling less stressed!”
- “Social media posts are getting done each week with Compass. Without Compass, I wouldn’t always have time to put posts together.”
- 75% feel they’re now able to spend more time focusing on selling travel, rather than marketing it
- “The Compass program has allowed me to focus on selling travel and keeping my clients happy. I don’t have time to search for relevant posts and ideas. Plus, while I’m familiar with Facebook, Compass has allowed me to expand into additional social media platforms that I know nothing about, and my posts, photos, and comments have been great!”
- 100% wanted to expand their business’ presence on social media
- 75% felt their business had hit a plateau, and weren’t sure how to attract new business
- 75% felt Compass created new content/marketing ideas that they wouldn’t have thought of
“Hosting agencies like Andavo must invest in infrastructure that boosts an IC’s effectiveness. Compass essentially frees the advisor from worrying about fitting social media into their busy travel business,” said Kirsten Little, Andavo’s VP of Operations and Business Development. “It is a robust option that greatly enhances our value as a host agency to our network of independent travel agents.”
At this time, the available social media platforms in the Compass program are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.