A Message from our CEO
As we face the ever-changing landscape of the travel industry, I want to personally reiterate our commitment to our clients. Our company’s core values—We Value People. We Create Value—are the guiding principles we will rely on as we all navigate the evolving COVID-19 situation. Please know that we are here to support you and your travelers as your consultative partner. We hope you will lean on us, our 67 years of experience, our expertise in making reservation changes and securing refunds, and our risk management tools. If there is anything more we can do to help you through this time, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Sincerely, Mike Cameron
Andavo Travel is closely monitoring the situation to provide you with the most up-to-date information. As part of a global community, our partners from around the world are providing us with constant updates and information. Our goal is to give this knowledge to guide you in advising your clients by providing you relevant and updated information as quickly as possible so that you and your clients can easily make decisions best suited for them. We value you, the work you do, and we are here to assist you.
Be sure to stay informed so that you can provide your clients with the most recent facts and resources, assisting them in their travel decisions. The landscape of data is changing very rapidly, and it is essential for you to know what resources are available, in order to provide your clients with accurate information.
Below are some resources and links to help you stay up to date on the current situation, and to help keep your clients informed.
The following are alerts and guidelines outline by the CDC for information for travelers:
CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to without restrictions on entry to the United States.
CDC recommends that older adults or those who have chronic medical conditions consider postponing travel to the following destinations Global Outbreak Notice.
Airlines: Cancellations & Change Fees
Changing or canceling travel to non-risk destinations is still potentially subject to fees, however additional waiver policies for travel booked this month were introduced this week by Delta, United, and American.
- Delta’s Coronavirus Travel Updates
- Delta Vacations Delta’s Travel Directive
- United’s Travel Notices
- American Airlines American’s Travel Alerts
- Southwest’s Coronavirus Updates
- Airlines for America (A4A) has launched a webpage to serve as a resource for the travel industry to communicate with travelers about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- From news and policies from other airlines, view an exhaustive summary by Forbes
- Coronavirus and Airline Cancellations U.S. News
Cruise Lines: Credits & Vouchers
With travel implementations and destinations changing rapidly, Princess and Viking cruise lines have temporarily suspended operations; however, vouchers and credit options are available.
- Princess Cruises Princess’s Announcement
- Viking’s Announcement
- AmaWaterways AmaWaterways Announcement
Tour Operators: Travel Updates
- Abercrombie & Kent A&K’s Announcement
Hotel and Resorts: Reservation Changes or Cancellations
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Four Seasons Announcement
- Virgin Limited Edition Virgin Limited Edition Property Updates
- USA Today article Hotel Chains Announcement
Rail Carriers: Travel Updates
- Amtrak Amtrak Announcement
Access the latest updates from preferred partners and other helpful resources.
- Virtuoso Crisis Response Toolkit
- Coronavirus News, Stats & Information; Updated Frequently
- Virtuoso Cruise Partner’s Coronavirus Responses
- Air Waiver List
- Cruise Partner Cancellation and Commission Policies
- Hotels & Resorts: Temporary Closures – Aggregated List
- Hotels & Resorts: Partner Cancellation Policies
- Destination & Experiences: Aggregated List
Be sure to check our preferred travel insurance partners’ websites.
- CDC – Traveler’s Health
- US Department of State
- World Health Organization
- Cruise Lines International Association
- IATA TravelCentre – Airline restrictions by country
- Federal Trade Commission – Disputing Credit Card Charges
- Forbes – List of Coronavirus Small Business Relief Programs
- U.S. Small Business Administration – Disaster Assistance Loans to Small Businesses
- ASTA – Press Release CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act
- Laurie Guest – Smart Communications in Challenging Times webinar
Information provided by the CDC as of March 25, 2020, and is provided for general information purposes only. It should not be construed as legal advice. Andavo Travel does not provide advice or recommendations on the prudence of travel to an affected location. We do, however, seek to provide pertinent information, allowing businesses and travelers to make informed decisions regarding their travel.