I carry my little point-and-shoot camera everywhere on vacation, but keep it on “auto” the whole time, and just make sure I take about a zillion pictures in hopes that at least a few of them will be good. Before I head out on my next vacation, I’m going to review this list of 10 tips for taking better vacation photographs! I’m including the highlights below, but check out the article for more details and illustration on each.
1. Always remember to have your camera with you.
2. Include people in your shots.
3. Take your photos during the best light of the day.
4. Remember to take your camera manual.
5. Vary the types of photographs.
6. Remove visual clutter.
7. Understand what it is you are photographing.
8. Understand your camera.
9. Vary your shooting position.
10. Look at the edges of the frame when composing.